Imagine being just 100 miles away from home, or worse, traveling more than 1,000 miles away in a foreign country when death occurs.
- What do your survivors do?
- Whom do they call?
- How will your return home be paid for?
Sadly this scenario occurs frequently and most families are not prepared for the untold difficulties, expenses, or emotional cost that makes life’s saddest time more painful.
In the travel industry, Repatriation Insurance is a policy you buy that will pay the expense of returning your remains to your preferred funeral home.
A one-time purchase of $450* provides a lifetime of coverage and it gives you comfort in knowing your wishes will be handled with care. Unlike travel protection insurance which only covers you for ONE vacation.
- Contacting a licensed funeral home or professional embalming center near the place of death
- Transporting the deceased from the place of death to the funeral home or service center for preparation
- Preparation of the deceased for transport
- Securing all documentation for shipping including one death certificate
- Placing the deceased in an appropriate shipping container
- Tender to the airport for return to the airport closest to their legal residence that is capable of receiving human remains including airfare
*Pay only $425 for a 2nd person living at the same address and enrolling on the same date