Universal Orlando’s carefully managed reopening comes with stringent new health, safety, and hygiene procedures in place. Here is what you can expect when visiting Univeral Orlando theme parks, resorts, and venues:
I recommend you download the Universal Orlando Resort App to get the latest updates and to access contact-free features like:
- Safety Guidelines
- Mobile Food and Drink Ordering
- Virtual Line Experiences
- Set up TapTu Pay at Volcano Bay
- Theme Park Maps
Available on the App Store and on Google Play.
Universal Orlando’s resort hotels have enhanced their standards and protocols. These enhancements, which are subject to change as guidance from health and government officials are updated, currently include:
- Guests, team members, and vendors are required to wear face coverings in public areas.
- Team members and vendors will be required to have temperature checks upon arrival. Those with temperatures of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be allowed to work.
- Guests will be asked to self-screen for COVID symptoms and quarantine orders prior to arrival/entrance.
- Guests will have temperature checks upon arrival and return unless previously checked at the hotel that day prior to boarding the resort transportation system. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater after three checks, including one with a new thermometer, will be asked to seek medical attention and obtain medical clearance prior to being permitted to enter. Guests that have special conditions, which will be considered upon request.
- Hand sanitizer stations in public areas and elevator landing.
- Enhanced cleaning of guest rooms, meeting rooms, and public areas with an EPA-approved cleaner and disinfectant.
- All guest rooms will be serviced after checkout. When possible, guest rooms will be left vacant for 24-48 hours upon checkout, before thoroughly cleaning and checking in a new guest.
- Frequent cleaning of high-touch areas such as telephones, remote controls, door handles, light switches, elevators, and tabletops, among others.
- Food and Beverage outlet capacities limited based on the latest recommendations and guidelines.
- guests and staff are required to practice social distancing; social distancing signs and reminders will be in high-traffic areas.
- Several contactless experiences for guests, including hotel texting services, express checkout, and contactless room deliveries.