For weeks before I took my first cruise, which was on the Carnival Triumph (renamed the Sunrise in 2019), my good friend Toni would rave about Carnival’s Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. I didn’t get it. It’s just a cake, right? Of course, my attitude changed my first night at sea in the main dining room when our waiter brought our little ramekins of chocolate heaven. It was love at sea…love at first bite. 🙂
For those of you who can’t cruise this year due to COVID-19 here is the recipe:
CARNIVAL WARM CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE
- 8 oz Semi-sweet Chocolate
- 1 c Butter
- 7 Eggs, divided
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- ½ c Flour
- 1 tsp Powdered Sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- In a pan melt the chocolate and butter, cool for 10 min.
- In a separate bowl, mix 4 eggs with sugar. Whisk. Then add flour while continuing to whisk. Add the remaining 3 eggs and whisk.
- Then add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture.
- Pour this entire mixture into individual ramekins.
- Bake until just done, about 15-20 min (interior will be melting, not set).
- Top with powdered sugar. Serve with ice cream
- Yields 6 servings. Prep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: 20 min. Note: Make gluten-free, leave out the flour.