Are you booked at a Dominican Republic All-Inclusive Resort?
On 8/25/20 the president of the Dominican Republic announced an exciting set of initiatives and protocols to ensure safe travel in the DR.
The following measures apply to all travel industry businesses including restaurants and bars:
- Rapid tests will be performed on randomly selected travelers upon arrival, such as the diagnostic breath test for COVID-19.
- Upon implementation of this measure at the end of September 2020, the requirement for a negative COVID-19 test prior to arrival will be eliminated.
- Social distancing and the use of masks will be mandatory for the duration of a visitor’s stay.
- All tourists visiting a resort will be granted a travel assistance plan on a temporary basis that will include coverage for emergencies, telemedicine, lodging for prolonged stays, and costs for changing flights in the event of an infection.
- This insurance will be provided at no cost to the visitor until December 2020 and will be 100% paid for by the Dominican State.
- A sanitary area will be implemented to ensure that resort employees stay as long as possible within the facilities. Properties will implement effective health management with suppliers, contractors, and employees.
- Employees will be regularly tested and will follow a specific protocol to come in and out of the facilities.
Plus all of the better (upscale and luxury) resorts have implemented their own safety and hygiene protocols to protect both employees and visitors.
If you are interested in an all-inclusive resort vacation in the Dominican Republic contact me today!