Cancun’s international airport, which reopened earlier this month, has new health and safety protocols to help keep tourists safe. These new sanitary protocols include:
- More frequent cleaning and sanitizing of restrooms and security screening trays
- Temperature screening for both employees and passengers
- Placement of anti-bacterial gel dispensers for travelers and employees throughout the airport
- Providing personal protective equipment for airport employees and workers
- Enforced social distancing throughout the airport, including on the inter-terminal shuttles, in elevators, and in commercial areas
Be sure to pack extra face masks for you and your travel partners. It’s also a good idea to bring your own hand sanitizer.