Many of the older cruise ships only have one electric outlet per cabin which can make charging your cell phones, cameras and other electronics challenging. Especially if you have more than one guest in the cabin. If the powerstrip, multi-plug box outlet/adaptor or extension cord you pack does not have surge protection it may be confiscated upon boarding! (Along with that extra bottle of bourbon you tried to sneak through security.)
My favorite cruise-ship compliant power strip with 3 USB port chargers is sold on Amazon for only $13.99 and is sold by Tessan. I like it because it’s lightweight and I can charge my phone, my camera, and my laptop with it. The company sells a similar model with three outlets if you need more. It offers plenty of protection for your electronics.
- USB Port supply 3A/15W output total; AC Plug supply max 1250W; Intelligent Charging technology where each USB port can detect and deliver an ideal output current consistently of up to 2.4A
- Certified by FCC and RoHS, High-quality fire-resistant and high temperature-resistant ABS material makes it fireproof of up to 750℃; Worldwide power strip supports a wide range of voltage (100~240V), Great for frequent traveler cruise ships, hotels, home where there are few unreachable outlets
- Multi-protection safety system ensures complete protection from electrical short circuit, overheat, overcharging, over-current and etc; The 3-prong grounded plug ensures complete protection for this mini power strip
- Portable size and compact design to fit into luggage and briefcases during your trip outside, power no surge is especially good for cruise ship; Soft white LED indicator for power, It is a perfect bedside /nightstand charging station
- What You Get: TESSAN Power Strip, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
Note – this post contains Amazon affiliate links. What does that mean? If you purchase this power strip through Amazon they might give me a few pennies but you will not pay a cent more. 🙂